This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
The smartphone app to break Covid-19's transmission chains « AllAntiCovid » also offers very convenient features: a certificate generator that allows you to keep your data and your latest certificate, the addresses for screening, access to daily health data, alerts to the latest news... What is the purpose of this application? Is it mandatory? How does it work? What data will be transmitted? What should I do if I contact someone who has tested positive? Service-Public.fr review.
Implemented as part of the decommissioning plan, the application was available as StopCovid. Its update as « AllAntiCovid » is offered from 22 October 2020 in the evening.
What's new in the latest version
« AllAntiCovid » is a rich and interactive version of the first application « StopCovid ». Its latest version 2.1.0 includes the following changes:
- the key figures on the epidemiological situation in France now include a trend indicator that allows to measure changes over time. These key figures can be shared;
- epidemiological data by department are available after entering your postal code;
- access to news related to the fight against the epidemic. They can now be easily shared and their notification set.
- access to « CovidScreening », the map of screening centres updated with information on waiting times collected by users;
- access to « MyCovidTips » for personalised advice according to your situation;
- integration of the travel waiver into the application and access to the QR-Code of the last certificate you generated. Your contact data can be saved to avoid re-entering each new certificate. This data, stored only on the phone, is not processed. You can delete them whenever you want.
- since 17 december 2020, the application recommendations tailored to your health .
FYI : 12.8 million people have already downloaded the app.
Please note : Vaccination: you are now informed daily of the total number of people vaccinated in France and in your department. You can access the list of vaccination centres directly to make an appointment.
What is the purpose of TousAntiCovid?
Identifying and isolating Covid-19-infected people, alerting people who have come into contact with sick people is a major challenge in stopping the spread of the virus. The application initially named StopCovid has been developed for this purpose: notify, while guaranteeing anonymity, those who have been close to a person tested positive in Covid-19 so that they can be tested in turn and confined if necessary.
The National Commission of Informatics and Freedoms (CNIL) reviewed the evolution of the application on October 23 after having given a favourable opinion to the launch of the application StopCovid on 24 April 2020 and its conditions of implementation in a notice of 26 May 2020. The CNIL considers that the application is sanitarily and proportionate, with regard to the protection of our freedoms and our personal data.
How does the application work?
Downloading the application « AllAntiCovid » on its smartphone and its use is done on a voluntary basis. Installation is therefore not mandatory and is free.
Once installed and enabled (Bluetooth enabled and notifications accepted), the application sends an alert to users who have recently been in contact with a person who voluntarily declared that they had tested positive to the coronavirus during:
- 5 minutes to less than 1 metre;
- 15 minutes between 1 and 2 metres
The person will then be able to consult his/her doctor to be screened quickly, to be confined to waiting for the results and to isolate himself/herself if the test proves positive in order to break the transmission chains of the virus. In case of positive result , the care and conduct to be taken shall be explained to him.
In order to protect the unknown persons he may have known, a « AllAntiCovid » having just tested positive to Covid-19 can voluntarily declare it in the application by entering a code transmitted by his doctor or the laboratory. An alert will then be sent to all users who have been in close contact with him the previous days.
Data transmitted and privacy
The application « AllAntiCovid » uses the Bluetooth signal to detect a smartphone nearby and does not use GPS tracking of people. It will not be able to tell where a person has gone.
The data transmitted is completely anonymous. The identity of the application user cannot be known. It does not have an authentication system at installation time. The application « AllAntiCovid » generates only pseudonyms that are not associated with an identified person. They are stored temporarily (15 days) on the smartphone and transmitted to other smartphones in the immediate vicinity.
The application « AllAntiCovid » is temporary, it is not destined to continue after the health crisis.