This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
The aid granted to employers who recruit alternates (apprentices and young people on a professional contract) is extended by decree until 31 December 2022. These measures follow the plan « 1 young, 1 solution » and are part of the "France Relance" scheme. They aim to facilitate the entry into working life of young people who are particularly affected by the consequences of the health crisis.
A decree issued in Official Journal of 30 June 2022 extends the exceptional assistance for the hiring of apprentices and employees under professional contracts until 31 December 2022.
Exceptional assistance is €5,000 for the recruitment of an alternator (under a contract of apprenticeship or professionalisation) under 18 years of age and €8,000 if the latter is at least 18 years and under 30 years of age and prepares a diploma, a professional title or a certificate of qualification up to the master (bac +5). This amount applies from the first day of the month following the 18the anniversary. This aid is granted for the first year of the contract, for contracts concluded on 1to July 2020 to December 31, 2022.
Conditions of Employment Assistance
What contracts are involved?
- Apprenticeship contracts and professionalisation contracts concluded between 1to july 2020 and december 31, 2022 to prepare a diploma or a diploma up to level 7 of the national framework of professional certifications (master, diploma of engineer...).
- Professionalisation contracts must be concluded with employees under 30 years of age. These contracts may also be certificates of professional qualification (CQP) or experimental professionalisation contracts.
For what companies and under what conditions?
This flat-rate aid is available to all companies and associations.
- For companies with less than 250 employees, this aid is granted without conditions. It shall replace the single aid contract for eligible companies during the first year of performance.
- Companies of 250 or more employees may receive aid if they meet one of the following two conditions:
Achieve at least 5% of employment contracts:
- as at 31 December 2021 for contracts concluded between 1to July and 31 March 2021;
- as at 31 December 2022 for contracts concluded between 1to April and 31 December 2021;
- as at 31 December 2023 for contracts concluded between 1to January and December 31, 2022.
Reach at least 3% of alternants (apprenticeship or professionalisation contract) and have experienced a 10% increase of alternants:
- as at 31 December 2021 for apprenticeship contracts concluded between 1to July and 31 March 2021;
- as at 31 December 2022 for apprenticeship contracts concluded between 1to April and 31 December 2021;
- as at 31 December 2023 for contracts concluded between 1 January and 31 December 2022.
If these objectives are not met, the amounts collected will have to be repaid.
It is paid monthly, before the payment of the salary to the apprentice, during the first year of the apprenticeship contract or the contract of professionalisation.
Warning : statutory instruments will be issued shortly.
Please note : at the end of the first year of performance of the contract, companies eligible for the single aid may benefit from this aid until the end of the learning or professional contract.
FYI : for companies, the aid covers 100% of the salary of an apprentice under 21 years, 80% of the salary of an apprentice aged 21 to 25 years and almost 45% of the salary of an apprentice aged 26 and over.