This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Exceptional aid of up to €6,000 is granted to employers who recruit alternants (apprentices and young people under a professional contract) between 1er January and December 31, 2023. It aims to facilitate the entry into working life of young people particularly affected by the consequences of the health crisis.
A decree issued in Official Journal of 30 December 2022 introduces an exceptional aid of up to €6 000 for employers of apprentices and employees under 30 years of age under a contract of professionalization who do not fall within the scope of the single aid for contracts concluded in 2023.
This aid shall be granted for the first year of implementation of apprenticeship and professionalization contracts concluded between 1er January and December 31, 2023, it is up to €6,000. This exceptional assistance cannot be combined with the one-time assistance for employers of apprentices, but can be combined with the specific aids for apprentices with disabilities.
The decree also changes the amount and manner of awarding the one-time assistance to apprentice employers.
The government announced that this €6,000 aid will be extended until the end of the five-year period “to continue supporting a proven training scheme for youth employment”. More than 800,000 contracts were signed in 2022, with a target of one million apprentices per year by 2027.
Conditions for exceptional hiring assistance
Which contracts are involved?
- Apprenticeship and professionalization contracts concluded between 1er January and December 31, 2023 to prepare a diploma or a professional title equivalent to level 7 of the national professional qualifications framework (Bac +5).
- Professionalization contracts must be concluded with employees under 30 years of age. These contracts may also be certificates of professional qualification (CQP) or experimental professionalization contracts.
For what companies and under what conditions?
This flat-rate aid of up to €6,000 is intended for all companies and associations.
- For companies with less than 250 employees, this aid is paid without conditions. It shall be paid during the first year of performance of the contract, for eligible companies.
- Companies with 250 or more employees may receive aid if they meet one of the following two conditions:
- Achieve at least 5% of contracts promoting professional integration (apprenticeship contract, professionalization contract...) in the total annual number of employees, as of 31 December 2024. This 5 % is equal to the ratio between the number of employees covered by employability contracts and the total annual number of employees of the company.
- Reach at least 3% of alternates (apprenticeship or professionalization contracts) and have experienced a 10% increase in alternates as of 31 December 2024, compared to the annual number of employees in these categories (apprenticeship contracts and professionalization contracts) as of 31 December 2023.
If these objectives are not met, the money collected will have to be repaid.
The management and monitoring of the aid is entrusted to the Service and Payment Agency (SPA). It shall be paid monthly and automatically, before payment of salary, during the first year of the apprenticeship or professionalization contract.
FYI : For companies, the aid covers 100% of the salary of an apprentice under 18, 70% of the salary of an apprentice aged 18 to 20, 60% of the salary of an apprentice aged 21 to 25 and close to 30% of the salary of an apprentice aged 26 and over.
The aid covers more than half of the remuneration of an employee under a professional contract under 18 years of age, more than 40 % of the salary of a young person aged 18 to 20 and approximately 30 % of the remuneration of a young person aged 21 to 29.
Please note : One specific guide shall be made available to employers. It provides general information on the arrangements to which the company may be eligible, assists the employer in the completion of the contract and in the procedures to be carried out with their skills operator (OPCO) and with the Agency for Services and Payment (ASP).
One-stop learning aid
The single apprenticeship aid covers companies with less than 250 employees for apprenticeship contracts for a diploma or a professional title equivalent to the baccalaureate at most.
It is no longer granted for three years but only for the first year of the apprenticeship contract. It is up to €6,000, as is the exceptional aid.