This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Vaccinated at the foreigner, you want to enjoy the museums, swimming pools, bars and restaurants during your stay in France? In order to facilitate the stay of tourists in France, a device put in place by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs allows to obtain a QR code valid sanitary pass on the French territory for people with a complete vaccination plan. Service-Public.fr explains how to get the pass regardless of your country of residence.
The health pass covers all persons over 18 years of age. It will apply to teenagers aged 12 years and two months to 17 years inclusive as of September 30, 2021. foreigner tourists must comply with thehealth passports in places where they are in force .
Nationals of certain countries have a digital Covid certificate accepted in France
You can directly present the QR code of the EU Digital Covid certificate (or the NHS in the case of the UK) or scan it in the AllAntiCovid application if you have been vaccinated in one of the following countries:
- Member States of the European Union;
- United Kingdom (England and Wales);
FYI : France recognises the AZ-Covishield vaccine, so it is possible to travel to France with this type of vaccine if the vaccination plan is complete.
Citizens of other countries may apply for a health pass
This facility is open to non-European foreigner nationals, tourists or students enrolled in a French higher education institution. It allows only the recognition of vaccination in the foreigner. The certificate of reinstatement cannot therefore be registered in this device.
Who is concerned?
To request the sanitary pass, you must:
- be from a country outside the European Union;
- be 18 years of age or older (until 30 September 2021, the health pass is not required for minors aged 12 years and 2 months to 17 years). In addition, minors under 12 years of age are not subject to the health pass obligation;
- be vaccinated with a vaccine accepted by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent
- more than 28 days after injection for single dose vaccines (Janssen);
- more than 7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
- more than 7 days after injection if you are recovered from Covid-19 (in this case only one injection is required);
- be vaccinated at the foreigner with a vaccine authorised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) but not authorised or recognised by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) from:
- 7 days after receiving an additional dose of a messenger RNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).
You are already in France or you plan to go there in the next few days.
Please note : Foreigner-based Frenchmen and their rights holders can obtain a health pass valid in France and in the European area through another procedure .
How do I apply?
Since August 27, 2021, your request for a sanitary pass is made directly online:
Upon completion of your request, you will receive an email with a QR code. This can be printed and presented on paper, or added to the TousAntiCovid application, to justify your vaccination status.
Warning : be sure to enter your email on the application form: in the absence of this information, no document will be sent to you.
Please note : One Frequently Asked Questions is available on this page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in French or other languages. If you can't find the answer to your question, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pending a QR vaccine equivalency code, a solution: a negative test
A temporary QR code can also be generated by a healthcare professional after obtaining a negative result on a RT-PCR or antigenic test valid for 72h. All RT-PCR and antigenic tests generate a proof, as soon as the result is entered by the healthcare professional, that can be printed live and that is also made available to the tested person via an email and an SMS to go and collect it on SI-DEP portal . In France, foreigners have to pay for their tests. They are available in laboratories, pharmacies or dedicated areas. The results of antigenic tests are generally known in about 15-20 minutes.