This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Due to the improved health situation in the face of the Covid-19 epidemic over the past several weeks and the significant drop in pressure on hospitals, the Prime Minister announced on March 3, 2022 the suspension of the vaccination pass in the places where it is required and the lifting of the mask in the interior, except in public transport and health facilities, from March 14, 2022 2.
The Prime Minister announced a new relaxation of the health measures due to the reflux of the fifth wave of the Covid-19 epidemic in recent weeks.
Two major reductions in the health protocol will take place from Monday, 14 March 2022:
- The suspension of the vaccination pass to access all the places (restaurants, bars, discotheques, cinemas, theatres, theatres, museums, stadiums, fairs and lounges...) where it is currently required. However, the health pass (vaccination certificate, the result of a negative test or a certificate of recovery) will remain required at the entrance of hospitals, nursing homes and institutions for disabled people, in order to protect the most vulnerable people.
- The wearing of the mask, already lifted in places subject to the vaccination pass since 28 February 2022, will no longer be mandatory in enclosed places (companies, schools, public services, shops...) except in public transport and health establishments, in which it will remain required. The wearing of the mask remains recommended for people who are positive to the Covid during the 7 days following their isolation period and cases of contacts at risk, symptomatic people and health professionals.
In addition, the company health protocol will cease to apply from Monday, 14 March: end of mandatory mask and social distancing. However, hygiene rules such as hand washing, surface cleaning and ventilation of premises will continue to be applied. A guide to « measures to prevent the risk of contamination in Covid-19 without epidemic » will replace the national protocol in company.
Furthermore, from 14 March 2022, the wearing of the indoor mask for all students and staff will no longer be mandatory. The health protocol passes to level 1 (green level) in all primary schools, colleges and high schools in the national territory: end of pupil brewing by level, end of restrictions for the practice of physical and sports activities (return of contact sports inside).
FYI : For the Overseas Region, consultations with local authorities will be initiated to implement the suspension of the vaccination pass in accordance with the evolution of the health situation in each of the Territories.
Reminder of successive reductions in the health protocol
Health restrictions lifted on February 2, 2022:
- All equipment that welcomes the seated public can operate at full capacity, without limitation of the number of visitors allowed, respecting the obligation of wearing the mask.
- Telework (minimum 3 days) is no longer mandatory but is recommended. The companies decide on the appropriate level, within the framework of their internal social dialogue.
- The wearing of the mask is no longer required outside: town centres, outdoor markets, ski lifts and ski-station queues.
Health restrictions lifted on February 16:
- The consumption and sale of food and drink in stadiums, cinemas or public transport are again permitted.
- Standing concerts and standing consumption in bars can resume.
- Dance clubs, clubs and bars can be reopened. However, the vaccine pass is mandatory and the mask is recommended.
Health protocol relief from February 21:
On the return of the winter school holidays (21 February for zone B, 28 February for zone A and 7 March for zone C) the health protocol goes from level 3 to level 2 in elementary schools.:
- End of the requirement for students and elementary school staff to wear masks outdoors.
- The possibility to practise physical and sports activities in the interior without wearing a mask, always respecting physical distance (contact sports not allowed without a mask).
- End of class brewing limitation during catering and during absence of a teacher. Limitation of brewing by level remains.
- Deletion of the presentation of a certificate on parental honour of self-negative.
Health protocol relief since 28 February 2022:
- A contact case person should only perform one test (self-test, RT-PCR or antigenic) at J2, two days after being informed that they have been in contact with a positive test person, instead of three tests (at J0, J2 and J4) before. In the case of a positive self-test, the person will have to perform a RT-PCR or confirmation antigenic test. The rules on isolation remain unchanged.
- The wearing of the mask is no longer mandatory in enclosed places subject to the vaccination pass (restaurants, cafes, cinemas, theatres, museums, stadiums...). The wearing of the mask inside is maintained in public transport (buses, trains, aeroplanes...) and closed places not subject to the vaccination pass (hospitals, administrations, public services, shops, offices...).