Is it allowed to unleash a motorcycle?
Verified 30 June 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Debriding a motorcycle is only allowed in the following 2 cases :
- The reference model also exists in full power version and the motorcycle has an ABS type braking system.
- The debridling consists in transforming a motorcycle of 35 kW: titleContent accessible with the A2 permit , in version "less than 70 kW: titleContent ” accessible with the A permit. The manufacturer must have provided for this transformation during the European reception.
In addition, the unbridling must be professionally produced.
The sale of an unrestrained motorcycle and the sale of parts allowing the unrestraining are punished (fine, prison sentence, confiscation of the motorcycle...).
This applies to all types of sales, including between individuals.
the unclamping of a motorcycle requires carte grise change the.
- Regulation (EU) 168/2013 on the approval and market surveillance of two- or three-wheel vehicles and quadricycles
- Directive 2006/126 of 20 December 2006 on driving licenses
- Highway Code: Articles L317-1 to L317-9Penalties for non-compliance with the rules related to debridling
- Order of 13 April 2016 relating to the power of motorcycles defined in Article R311-1 of the Highway Code
- Ministerial reply of 3 December 2019 on the amended motorcycle legislation
- Motor insurance (vehicle)Service-Public.fr
- Carte grise (Certificate of Registration)Service-Public.fr
- Carte grise Modified vehicle and certificate of registration (ex-vehicle)Service-Public.fr
- Motorcycle license: A licenseService-Public.fr
- Motorcycle license: A1 license or 125 license (light motorcycle)Service-Public.fr
- Motorcycle license: A2 license (intermediate power motorcycle)Service-Public.fr