Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

How do I view the electoral lists?

Verified 06 November 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

A citizen registered on the electoral roll has the right to consult these lists, under certain conditions. The conditions vary depending on whether the voter is registered on the electoral roll of a municipality, or on the consular list of electors. Viewing the electoral lists allows voters to check the regularity of the registration.

List of electors of a municipality

If you are registered on the list of electors of a town hall, you can obtain the list of electors:

  • a municipality, by addressing you to the town hall concerned
  • of all the communes of a department, by contacting the prefecture of that department

You must provide:

  • Copy of your ID to prove your voter registration
  • Written request certifying that you commit to honor at not make commercial use list of electors

You must check with the town hall or the prefecture to find out the form in which the list of electors is communicated.

Who shall I contact
Who shall I contact

Depending on the case, the list of electors may be:

  • Consulted on site
    The consultation is free.
  • Sent by mail
    Depending on the format of the original list, the list can be given on paper or CD-Rom.
    The price charged to the voter depends on the medium used. It may not exceed:
    • €0.18 per page A4
    • €2.75 per CD-ROM provided
  • Sent by e-mail (e-mail)
    The list of electors may be provided electronically, provided that the document is available in that form.
    This mailing is not billed to the elector.

Consular List

If you are on a consular list of electors, you can ask to consult the list on which you are registered.

However, the consultation may be refused or restricted if the disclosure of the information relating to the address or the French nationality of the registered persons may affect their security.


a political party can get the list to send messages to people who are on it. If you do not want to receive such messages, remedies ..

You must make an appointment, preferably by e-mail (or postal mail):

  • at the embassy or consulate
  • or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Embassy or Consulate
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Who shall I contact

Then you have to surrender in person (or by designating a agent) at this meeting for:

  • submit your written, dated and signed application
  • and provide a copy of your identity document (identity card or passport)

A copy of the consular list of electors on which you are registered will be sent to you:

  • Either by e-mail (free of charge)
  • Or on paper (paying)