Can an official with 3 children still retire early?
Verified 02 November 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
No, the early retirement provision for the parent staff member of at least 3 children is deleted.
However, if you before 2012 you can apply for early retirement at any time.
These conditions were:
- Have completed at least 15 years of civil or military service
- Parent at least 3 children
- To have ceased or reduced his professional activity for a minimum period
The minimum duration of cessation or reduction of activity varies depending on the situation:
For each child, you must have been granted one of the following leave during at least 2 consecutive months :
- Maternity or adoption leave
- Paternity leave
- Parental Leave
- Parental presence leave
- Availability for raising a child under the age of 8
The shutdown must have occurred before the child reached the age at which it ceased to be dependent for family benefits.
Activity Reduction (Part Time)
For each child, you must have worked part time under one of the following conditions:
- For at least 4 consecutive months 50%
- For at least 5 consecutive months 60%
- For at least 7 consecutive months 70%
The reduction in activity must have occurred before the child reaches the age at which it ceased to be dependent for family benefits.
before applying for retirement, it is recommended to ask for an estimate of your pension amount. Indeed, the earlier you leave, the more likely you are to have a haircut high.