Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Mobile phone or internet: what invoices can be required from the operator?

Verified 23 March 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Your Internet service provider or operator must provide you with a free bill.

They must inform you of the nature of the paper or electronic medium in which your invoices are sent. This information is included in your subscription terms and conditions.

If multiple media are available, you can choose the media of your choice.

If your operator or supplier offers you the electronic version of your invoices, you can ask to change it for the paper version. This request can be made at the subscription or during the contract and by any means (written, telephone...). If you request this change during the contract, then your operator or supplier has 10 working days to take into account your request.

The paper invoice will then be sent to your home by simple mail.

You can also ask your operator for a free detailed invoice that shows the numbers you called during the month.

If you request it during the contract, your operator has 10 working days to take into account your request.

You can also request a detailed invoice for any month within the last 12 months. For example, in June, you can claim your detailed invoice for the month of January. Your operator must send you this statement within 2 months of your request.

In case of dispute with your operator or supplier about sending your invoices, you must follow the following steps:

  1. Contact your operator or supplier's customer service to make your claim
  2. If the customer service has not responded within 1 month or if the response is unsatisfactory, you must write to the customer service of your operator or supplier,
  3. If the consumer service has not responded to you within 1 month or if its response is unsatisfactory, you can contact the online ombudsman.

Seize the electronic communications ombudsman online

You can also contact the mediator directly if the customer service did not reply to you within 2 months, without going through the consumer service.

All operators and suppliers have a customer service and a consumer service.

The contact details of these services are mentioned in your contract and on your invoices. They are also available on the website of operators and suppliers.