Local taxes: how do i pay by direct debit?
Verified 10 August 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
You can pay your local taxes (housing tax, property tax...) by direct debit.
The levy is automatically paid 10 days after the payment deadline on the tax notice.
Direct debit (called debit on maturity is not possible for the tax on vacant dwellings.
You must have one of the following accounts, domiciled in France or Monaco:
- Bank Account
- Booklet A if your bank has a direct debit
You can choose the direct debit no later than the last day of the month preceding the payment deadline indicated on your tax notice. For example, September 30 for a deadline of October 15.
then the automatic debit is only valid for the next term. You must pay the current maturity by other means of payment.
You can subscribe to the direct debit in several ways.
You can subscribe to debit on maturity on taxes.gouv.fr.
With the application (tablet, smartphone)
You can subscribe to the debit at maturity on smartphone or tablet with the application taxes.gov, on the tab "My payment contracts".
By phone, mail or mail
You can subscribe to the collection at maturity from the tax department on which you depend, by one of the following means:
Who shall I contact
the debit contract is renewed year after year without any action on your part.
- General tax code: Article 1681ePayment of taxes by transfer or direct debit
- Bofip-Taxes n°BOI-REC-PART-10-10 relating to taxes established by role (income tax, local taxes)
- Taxes: access your Home
- Tax SiteMinistry of Finance
- Individual tax calendarMinistry of Finance
- Practical brochure - Local taxes 2020 (PDF - 12.2 MB)Ministry of Finance
- Picking on maturityMinistry of Finance