Can we buy the house of a deceased person without an heir?
Verified 28 March 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Yes, you can purchase this type of accommodation only from the Domain. This service can sell real estate owned by vacant successions.
To consult the available goods and the purchase procedure, go to the Domain's sales site.
- Civil Code: Articles 809 to 809-3Opening of the vacancy
- Civil Code: Articles 810 to 810-6Powers of the curator
- Civil Code: Articles 810-7 to 810-12End of the trusteeship (sending in the possession of the State) article 810-12
- Code of Civil Procedure: Articles 1343 to 1349Mission of the curator
- Code of Civil Procedure: Article 1354Inherited estates
- General code of ownership of public persons: Article R3211-5
- Buy a property sold by the Domaine
- The sale of property from vacant estatesGeneral Directorate of Public Finance