Can one buy the house of a deceased person without an heir?
Verified 25 February 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Yes, but only with Domain. This service can sell real estate owned by vacant estates.
To know and buy these goods, visit the Domaine's sales site.
Buy real estate sold by the Domaine
- Civil Code: Articles 809 to 809-3Opening of vacancy
- Civil Code: Articles 810 to 810-6Curator's powers
- Civil Code: Articles 810-7 to 810-12End of the curatorship (sending in possession of the State) Article 810-12
- Code of Civil Procedure: Articles 1343 to 1349Curator Mission
- Code of Civil Procedure: Article 1354Divestment
- General Code of Ownership of Public Persons: Article R3211-5
- Buy real estate sold by the Domaine