Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Is a non-striking public official prevented from joining his or her job paid?

Verified 23 février 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

Yes, a non-striker who is prevented from entering his or her place of work by his or her fellow strikers is paid if he or she provides evidence of this incapacity and informs his or her administration.

No deduction for non-duty paid shall be made if the officer provides evidence, by any means, that he has not been physically able to access his place of work.

The officer must inform his administration of his/her incapacity as soon as possible. If not, the administration may consider that he did not perform his service by himself. And then she can make a hold on treatment.