How do I know if I have a VP after a radar flash?
Verified 27 January 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Have you seen a radar flash on the road and wondering if it is relevant to your vehicle?
If your vehicle has been flashed, you will receive a notice of violation.
The time limit to receive the notice of contravention varies depending on the type of radar (fixed radar, mobile radar, red light...)
There is indeed multiple stepss from the radar flash until the notice of contravention is received.
If you are sure you have been flashed and you do not receive a notice of contravention, check the address carte grise indicated on your certificate of registration (new name of the
If the address is not up to date, the time limit notice of contravention is received elongated.
In case of difficulties, ask theANTAI: titleContent.
Who shall I contact
he is obligatory of carte grise change address on your in the 1-month period following the change of address. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be punished by a fine of up to €750.
There's no no fixed time limit to receive a notice of violation.
However, a contravention is prescribed after one year. This means that you can no longer be prosecuted and you will not have to pay a fine.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Code of Criminal Procedure: articles 1 to 10Article 9 (limitation period for prosecution of offenses)
- Highway Code: Article R130-11Infringements detected by automatic recording equipment
- Code of Criminal Procedure: Articles R48-1 to R49-8Flat-rate fine and increased flat-rate fine
- Ministerial Response of January 14, 2020 to the Notice of Contravention
- Check your infringement file
- Driving license: consult points and statements (Telepoints)
- Apply online for a driving license
- Lump sum penalty notice: online challenge
- Pay your fine online at fines.gouv.fr
- What is the risk in the event of a traffic offense?
- Radar Map: Where are the radars in my department?
- Carte grise Change sa address
- Online address change
- How do I make a claim?
- Increased fine without having received notice of contravention: how to contest?
- How do I know my points balance?
- How do I request a complete information record?
- How do I request a Restricted Information Record (RIR)?
- Who pays the fine if the company's car has been flashed?
- License withdrawal: what are the rules?
- Flat-rate fine paid after radar checkService-Public.fr
- Carte grise Change the address on yourService-Public.fr
- Scale of points withdrawn by offenseService-Public.fr
- Retrieval of driving license pointsService-Public.fr
- Notice of Contravention, Challenge, Lump Sum Penalty: Frequently Asked QuestionsMinistry of the Interior
- Flat-rate fine: means of paymentMinistry of the Interior
- Electronic Minutes (EVP): How does it work?National Automated Crime Processing Agency
- Offense GuideMinistry of the Interior