How do I know if I have a PV after a radar flash?
Verified 27 January 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Additional cases ?
You saw a radar flash on the road and you wonder if it's about your vehicle?
If your vehicle has been flashed, you will receive a notice of contravention.
The deadline to receive notice of contravention varies depending on the type of radar (fixed radar, mobile, red light...)
There is multiple stepss from the radar flash to the receipt of the notice of contravention.
Steps from the radar flash to the sending of the fine to the vehicle owner or lessee and the possibilities of payment or challenge
If you're sure you've been flashed and you don't get a Notice of Contravention, verify address indicated on your registration certificate (new name of the carte grise).
If the address is not up to date, deadline of receipt of notice of contravention extended.
In case of difficulties, ask theANTAI: titleContent.
Who shall I contact
it mandatory of have the address changed on your carte grise in 1 month deadline following the change of address. Failure to comply with this obligation is punishable by fines up to €750.
There is no fixed deadline to receive a notice of violation.
However, a contravention is after one year. This means that you can no longer be prosecuted and will not have to pay a fine.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Code of Criminal Procedure: Articles 1 to 10Article 9 (limitation of public action for contraventions)
- Route Code: R130-11Infringements detected by an automatic monitoring device
- Code of Criminal Procedure: Articles R48-1 to R49-8Flat-rate fine and increased flat-rate fine
- Ministerial Response of January 14, 2020 to the Notice of Contravention
- Check your infringement file
- Driver's licence: consult his points and statements (Telepoints)
- Flat fine notice: online protest
- Pay your fine online via fines.gouv.fr
- What is the risk in case of a road violation?
- Radar Map: where are the radars in my department?
- Change carte grise address
- Online Address Change
- How do I make a claim?
- Penalty increased without notice of contravention: how to challenge?
- How do I know my points balance?
- How do I request a full information statement?
- How do I request a Restricted Information Record (RIR)?
- Who pays the fine if the company's car was flashed?
- Withdrawal of licences: what are the rules?
- Change address on carte griseService-Public.fr
- Points removed by violationService-Public.fr
- Recovery of driver’s licence pointsService-Public.fr
- Notice of contravention, challenge, flat fine: frequently asked questionsMinistry of the Interior
- Package fine: means of paymentMinistry of the Interior
- Electronic Record (EVP): how does it work?National Automated Offence Processing Agency
- Offence GuideMinistry of the Interior