Income tax - What payment methods can be used?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Since 1er january 2019, your income tax is collected (withholding tax).
The method of collection depends on your situation:
Income tax is levied by your employer on your salary.
Income tax is levied by your pension fund on your pension.
Income tax is levied on your bank account directly through taxes.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general informationTax Information Service
0809 401 401
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays.
Free service + call price
To contact the local service managing your folderDepartment in charge of taxes (treasury, tax department...)
- General Tax Code: Articles 1680 to 1681Maximum amount to pay taxes in cash
- General Tax Code: Article 1681ePayment by credit transfer or direct debit
- General Tax Code: Article 1681fPayment by remote payment
- Taxes: access your Special Space
- 2023 Simulator: 2022 Income Tax
- Income tax - Withholding taxService-Public.fr
- I choose my payment methodsMinistry of Finance
- Online direct payment of taxesMinistry of Finance