HistoVec: history and administrative status of a used vehicle (Online Service)
Ministry of the Interior
HistoVec allows the seller to share the vehicle history with an interested buyer. The report will mention the vehicle highlights recorded in the National Vehicle Registration System (SIV) file:
- Date of 1re circulation
- Successive changes of owner
- Accidents resulting in a repair procedure controlled by an automotive expert
- Administrative status of the vehicle (pledge, opposition, theft)
- Dates and results of technical checks, mileage history
- Technical characteristics (make, colour, displacement, horsepower, engine speed, sound level, pollution criteria...).
The owner shall log in to HistoVec using the registration number of the vehicle concerned, its personal data and information on the carte grise.
It then generates the HistoVec report and shares it with the potential buyer.
The certificate of administrative status (commonly called non-pledge certificate), enriched by the history of the vehicle, is accessible via Histovec.
Verified 01 February 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)