General Terms and Conditions of Use
Verified 16 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
These general conditions (“GTC”) are binding on all users of the www.Service-Public.fr website.
This Service offers three features to users.
- Tailor-made information: users can easily find out about the rights and procedures guide, news, search and select administrative contacts and find out about the opening hours of public bodies.
- Easy follow-up: Service-Public.fr offers the user an overview of his current administrative procedures: he can follow the progress of the procedures undertaken with different administrations. In order to further facilitate monitoring, the user can also set up e-mail alerts informing him of their progress.
- A confidential storage space: by creating a Service-Public.fr account, the user has a confidential storage space. The user securely registers once and for all his usual personal data (name, address, etc.) to simplify the entry of administrative forms. It is also the place where he can confidently keep the supporting documents exchanged with the administration. During the process, the user can thus call upon a supporting document present in his confidential space. Reciprocally, the partner administrations may submit the result of an approach or information on the progress of the approaches undertaken.
Access to the Service is open to anyone.
When registering for the Service, the user chooses an identifier (formalized by a valid email address) and a password. The password must contain 8 or more characters including at least one capital letter and a number or special character. The user must keep his/her username and password which will be useful to him/her for any access to his/her personal account on Service-Public.fr and the services related thereto.
The password must be chosen by the user so that it cannot be guessed by a third party. The user undertakes to preserve its confidentiality. The user undertakes to immediately notify DILA of any unauthorized use of this information, DILA cannot be held liable for any damage caused by the use of the password and file number by an unauthorized person.
The Service user provides a valid email address when registering for the service that will serve as an identifier and will be used for confirming the operations carried out by the user on his account, and for sending alerts related to the follow-up of the steps.
DILA reserves the right to terminate, without notice or compensation of any kind, any Service-Public.fr account that is the subject of unlawful or fraudulent use or contrary to these GTC.
Use of the service requires a connection and an internet browser. The browser must be configured to allow session cookies.
DILA reserves the right to change, modify or suspend, without notice, the Service for maintenance reasons or for any other reason deemed necessary. An information page is then displayed to the user informing him of this unavailability.
The unavailability of the Service does not entitle you to any compensation.
DILA undertakes to take all necessary precautions to preserve the security of the data collected from the user, and in particular to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or from unauthorized third parties having access to it.
The data or documents kept by the user in his storage space remain his sole responsibility. The use of the storage space does not exempt the user from the retention of any document of which he could have deposited a copy in this space.
The data transmitted to the online services of the Partner Organizations remain the responsibility of the user, even if these are transmitted by the technical means made available in the Service.
It is recalled that any person making a false statement for himself or for others is liable, inter alia, to the penalties provided for in article 441-1 of the Criminal Code, providing for penalties of up to three years' imprisonment and a fine of up to 45,000 euros.
In accordance with the provisions of Article 3 of Ordinance No. 2005-1516 of December 8, 2005 as amended, these general conditions are binding on any user of the Service.
Service-Public.fr provides a range of online service helping to simplify the administrative procedures of users, implemented by DILA.
The user fills in the form online and validates it, possibly attaching the necessary documents to process his or her gait.
At the end of the procedure, a summary of the elements filled in by the user is displayed on the screen so that the latter can verify and confirm them. After confirmation, the forms shall be forwarded to the competent administrative department(s). Confirmation and transmission of the form by the user shall be deemed to be the signature of the user.
After transmission, the acknowledgement of registration and/or, where appropriate, of receipt of the gait is displayed on the screen. The user can download it(s) as well as all the elements constituting his/her approach. He gets a reference that will allow him to follow the processing of his file. The user can provide an e-mail address which will enable him to receive the form or forms which he has validated, the acknowledgement of registration and/or, where appropriate, of receipt of his application and to follow the progress of this application.
The user of the steps undertakes to provide, in the context of the use of the Service, only accurate, up-to-date and complete information. In the event that the user does not fulfill this commitment, the DILA reserves the right to suspend or terminate the administrative action, without prejudice to any criminal and civil liability actions that may be brought against him.
- Order No. 2005-1516 of 8 December 2005 on electronic exchanges between users and administrative authorities and between administrative authorities.
- Decree No. 2016-186 of 24 February 2016 amending Decree No. 2009-730 of 18 June 2009 on online accessible storage space pursuant to Article 7 of Ordinance No. 2005-1516 of 8 December 2005 on electronic exchanges between users and administrative authorities and between administrative authorities.
- Order of 6 November 2000 on the creation of a website entitled ‘Service-Public.fr’.
- Order of 24 February 2016 integrating an online service into the website ‘Service-Public.fr’ enabling the user to complete all or part of the paperless administrative procedures and to have access to personalized information services.
- Deliberation No. 2015-411 of 12 November 2015 delivering an opinion on a draft decree on the implementation of processing of personal data incorporated in the service called ‘Service-Public.fr’ to enable, at a unified access point for the user, all or part of the paperless administrative procedures to be carried out and personalized information services to be provided (request for an opinion No 1878256).
Computing and freedoms
Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms.
Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (DILA)
Decree No. 2010-31of 11 January 2010 on the Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information.