This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
The Republican Integration Contract (CIR) is concluded between the French State and any non-European foreigner admitted to stay in France wishing to settle there permanently, with exceptions. The signatory undertakes to follow training courses to promote his integration into French society. Civic education is compulsory. Language training may be prescribed depending on the level in French.
The Republican Integration Contract (CIR) is between the French state and you. By signing it, you are committed to respecting the principles and values of French society and the Republic and to follow with seriousness and diligence the training that is prescribed to you.
You concerned if you have the right to stay in France and want to settle there permanently.
Signing of the Republican Integration Contract (CIR)
Residence card private and family life
Residence continues in France for at least 8 years + schooling for at least 5 years after the age of 10 in a French establishment
Title obtained for health reasons
Certificate of residence for Algerian
Long-stay visa valid as residence permit employee
Residence card visitor
Residence card student
Residence permit to practice a commercial, industrial or craft profession,
Residence card trainee
Residence card talent passport/talent passport (family)
Residence card seasonal worker
Residence card ICT seconded employee/ICT (family)/ICT mobile posted employee/mobile ICT (family)
You dispensed if:
- you have completed your schooling in a French secondary school for at least 3 school years,
- or you have completed a higher education in France for at least 1 academic year.
Warning : this procedure does not apply to an alien who is a national of European country, or members of his family living in France with him.
You are summoned by the territorial management of theOfii on which your home depends.
Interview with an Ofii auditor allows:
- inform yourself and direct you to the appropriate proximity services that can meet your situation and needs,
- to undergo a test of knowledge of French (written and oral) to assess your level and to know whether you need to take a language training.
The civic education is mandatory and takes place over 4 days spread over a period of approximately 4 months.
It allows you to appropriate the values of the Republic and the rules of life of French society.
At the end of this training, a certificate of appointment is given to you by the training organization. The Ofii shall be informed of the delivery of this certificate.
The language training you are required if you have obtained results below level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) during the French language proficiency test. It is mentioned in the CIR and you undertake to follow it. At the end of the training, the training organization will provide you with a certificate of attendance stating the number of hours completed and the results obtained in the evaluation tests.
You dispensed language training:
- if you have achieved results equal to or above CECR A1 level in the French test,
- or if you justify mastering this level by producing diplomas or tests.
The Ofii will then give you a certificate of exemption from language training. It is mentioned in the CIR.
The CIR is presented to you with its translation into a language you understand.
At the end of the interview, you must sign the contract (and your legal representative if you are a minor): you agree to participate in the training provided for in the contract.
The contract is also signed on behalf of the French State by the Prefect.
The RIC is concluded for a period of 1 year.
The contract is respected:
- if you have followed the training prescribed therein with diligence and seriousness,
- and that you have not shown any rejection of the essential values of French society and the Republic.
It may be extended for a maximum of 1 year by the prefect for a reason recognized as legitimate and on a proposal from the Ofii:
- if the required civic and linguistic training is being carried out at the end of the contract,
- and that you are staying regularly.
The reason and duration of the extension are mentioned in the contract.
Within 3 months of the end of the training courses, the Ofii will call you to an end of contract interview to take stock of the training followed.
The Ofii agent brings you new information on the offer of proximity services that can facilitate the continuation of your integration journey.
It can refer you to the Employment Center or a local mission to benefit from an in-depth interview in professional orientation and support promoting your professional integration.
Please note : you can ask to be exempted from the professional guidance and support that complements it.
The prefect may terminate the contract on a proposal from the Ofii where the latter finds that:
- you do not participate or no longer participate in a prescribed training, without legitimate reason,
- or you do not respect the commitments entered into under the RIC.
The prefect must inform you of his intention to terminate the contract. It shall indicate the reasons for the intended termination and shall specify the consequences for the issue of the multi-annual residence card.