Condominium budget estimate
Verified 11 August 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The estimates are used to plan the building's current expenditures for the coming year. It is prepared by the co-ownership trustee in consultation with the union council. It is then voted in the general assembly of the joint owners.
The estimated budget shall cover in particular the following current expenditure:
- Trustee fees
- Guardian salary
- Cost of cleaning common areas
- Work to keep the building or equipment in good condition (or prevent degradation or failure)
- Small repairs (lighting of common areas...)
- Replacement of items of common equipment (boiler, elevator...) only if the replacement price is included in the maintenance contract package
- Periodic Regulatory Audits (elevator, for example
Exceptional expenses (for example, major maintenance of the building) are not included in the estimates. They must be decided on a piecemeal basis at a general meeting.
The estimated budget is to be voted annually for expenditure in the coming year (accounting year for the next 12 months).
The vote must take place 6 months before the financial year in question. Each item of expenditure can be discussed by the joint owners in general assembly, but the budget is voted overall at simple majority..
The participation of the joint owners in the estimates shall take the form of provision.. Their amount corresponds to ¼ of the budget voted, unless the General Assembly decides otherwise.
The provision is requested by the co-ownership trustee on 1to day of each quarter or 1to day of the period fixed in general assembly.
If the estimated budget could not be voted before the accounting year it is to cover, the trustee may call for provisions, with the authorization of the general meeting. In this case, the trustee can then make 2 successive calls for quarterly provisions equal to ¼ of the previous forecast budget.
- Act No. 65-557 of 10 July 1965 fixing the status of condominiums in built-up buildingsArticles 14(1), 14(2) and 18(II)
- Decree No. 67-223 of 17 March 1967 fixing the status of the condominium of the built-up buildingsArticles 43 to 45
- Condominium chargesService-Public.fr