Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Who has to have a foreign tourist fill out an individual police report?

Verified 17 février 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Anyone who gives a rental (professional or not) a tourist accommodation to a client of foreign nationality must make him fill a individual police record..

These may include:

  • a hotel
  • or a holiday village or family home
  • or a residential tourist residence or village
  • or a furnished tourist
  • or a guest room
  • or a campsite or caravan (or other landscaped grounds)

The foreign client must complete and sign the form upon arrival.

Children under the age of 15 may be shown on the card of an accompanying adult.

The form shall information ..

The lessor must keep the record for 6 months.. It must hand it over, on request, to the police and gendarmerie services (automatic transmission is no longer mandatory since 2015).

A clause in the lease agreement may allow the landlord to fill out the individual police form with the information obtained at the time of booking so that the client only has to sign the form when he arrives.

  Please note : if the foreign customer refuses to complete or sign the individual police record, the landlord has the right to refuse to provide the tourist accommodation.