This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
You are a non-European foreigner
No, you can't bring your family.
You are an EU citizen, EEA or Switzerland
If you are a citizen of EU, EEA or Switzerland, so without having a residence permit, you can bring your family if you meet certain conditions:
- If you live in France as a worker, inactive or student, you can be joined by:
- Your spouse
- Your children under 21 or dependent
- Children under 21 or dependent on your spouse or wife
- Dependent ascendants (father or mother who cannot justify resources needed for her own needs)
- Dependent descendants (parent who cannot justify resources needed for his or her own needs) of your spouse
- You must belong to one of the following categories and be able to justify them: employee, inactive, student
- Your family must enter the country on a visa (or without a visa if they do not have one) and apply for one residence permit in your prefecture