Early retirement for long career
Verified 25 February 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
You can retire early at age 60 or before age 60 if you started work before age 20 or before age 16 and if you meet certain retirement insurance terms.
Video - Early Retirement for Long Career: are you eligible?
To qualify for a long-term early retirement, you must have started working before 20 years.
Pension insurance term condition
You must also meet 2 conditions for the duration of retirement insurance.
- Your retirement insurance term must include, for all mandatory basic plans, one minimum number of quarters contributed
- And you must have earned a minimum number of early-career retirement insurance quarters.
These 2 terms of retirement insurance vary depending on your year of birth, the age at which you started working and the age at which you plan to retire early.
What are the periods taken into account in calculating the minimum number of quarters contributed?
The quarters taken into account are the quarters contributed to basic pension plan French, to certain foreigner regimes, if an international agreement applies, and to quarters resulting from certain redemption.
Certain periods may also be considered as contributed quarters:
- Maternity leave
- Insurance Term Increase Quarters Awarded Under prevention account
- Periods of receipt of disability pension, up to 2 quarters
- National service, up to 4 quarters
- Periods of unemployment and periods of unemploymentpartial activity within 4 quarters
- Periods of sickness and accidents at work, up to 4 quarters
You must apply for an Early Retirement Status Statement at your Carsat: titleContent by submitting the completed application form.
Application for Early Retirement Certificate for Long Career
Who shall I contact
This certificate is issued, no earlier than 6 months before the possible start of your early retirement.
Once you have received it, you can make your retirement request on the website from your personal space.
You will be asked, via this service, to send the certificate issued by the Pension Insurance.
you can also apply for your retirement by mail application form.
Your early retirement is calculated under the same conditions that any pension granted to an employee.
You can get a simulation of your pension amount on the website Retirement Info from your retirement account.
- Social Security Code: Article L351-1-1General principles
- Social Security Code: items D351-1-1 to D351-1-13Term of insurance and periods considered to be contributed
- Retirement InfoPublic interest group "Union retiree"
- Social Security Pension Insurance SitePension Insurance - Social Security Retirement