Accident at work What is a
Verified 01 April 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
An accident at work is a sudden occurrence that, for whatever reason, has caused you bodily or psychological damage and that has happened to you during your professional activity.
Accident at work The event giving rise to the sudden. That's what distinguishes it from the occupational disease.
Accident at work To be recognized, you must justify the following 2 conditions:
- You have been the victim of an accidental event (sudden and unexpected) during your work
- The accident caused you physical and/or psychological damage
The accident must therefore be able to be linked to one or more events that occurred while you were under the authority of your employer. It must also be dated with certainty.
The accident is presumed to be of occupational origin if it occurs on the premises of the company, even during a break.
Accident at work However, the qualification of a person as a person who has committed suicide in the workplace due to personal problems may be disregarded if the accidental event is the consequence of non-professional events (for example, suicide in the workplace).
accident at work an accident which occurs during a vocational training course, even outside working time, is considered to be a
The damage may be one of the following:
- Cut or burn
- Muscle pain that started suddenly after carrying a load
- Fracture in fall or shock
- Cardiac malaise
- Emotional shock following an assault in the company
The recognition of an accident as being of occupational origin shall be eligible for the following allowances:
- In case of work stoppage, social security benefits and supplementary benefits paid by employers and/or the insurer
- In the event of permanent incapacity for work, compensation specific and additional compensation if your employer has committed a material fault which caused the damage
an accident at work should not be confused with the accident en route, whose consequences are different.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Primary health insurance fund (CPAM)
If you are dependent on the farm planMutual Social Agricultural Organization (MSA)
- Social Security Code: Articles L411-1 and L411-2Accident at work Definition of the
- Social Security Code: Articles L412-8 and L412-9Accident during vocational training course
- Accident at work to: steps to be takenService-Public.fr