This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
From a certain amount billed to the customer (€25 TTC), the hotelier or the renting of guest rooms has the obligation to give him an invoice, called note.. The client may also request it, regardless of the amount to be paid. Certain information must be included on the invoice delivered to the customer.
The hotelier or the B&B owner is obliged to give an invoice to his client:
- as soon as the amount of the benefit reaches €25 (VAT included
- or if the client requests it (in this case, the amount of the benefit).
The invoice must contain the following information:
- Contact details of the hotel or guest room
- Invoice date
- Date and place of delivery
- Detail, quantity and price of each service
- Total amount payable excluding taxes (excluding tax) and all taxes (including VAT)
- Customer's name, unless he objects
The invoice must be in 2 copies:
- the original is delivered to the customer,
- the copy is kept by the hotelier or the rental of guest rooms.
It may be submitted in paper form or electronic..
If the hotelier or the guest house owner does not issue a bill, he is liable to a fine of €3,000 maximum.
In the event of a dispute, the customer may friendly approach before initiating legal proceedings ..