Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

What proof do I have to register for Pôle emploi?

Verified 06 janvier 2022 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

You are French

You must provide at least one of the following:

  • National Identity Card
  • Passport
  • Civilian or military invalid card with photograph

If you are unable to provide the original of any of these documents immediately, you may submit a request for a process to obtain one of these documents. For example, the identity card renewal application receipt.

You are foreigners

You must provide one of the following residence permits:

  • Resident Card valid
  • Residence card multiannual employee
  • Residence card marked talent passport
  • Temporary residence card bearing the employee
  • Temporary residence card bearing the temporary worker where the employment contract has been broken before its end by an employer established in France or for a case of force
  • Temporary or multi-annual residence card bearing the private and family life
  • Receipt of a first application or of an application for the renewal of a residence permit bearing authorises its holder to work
  • Long-stay visa valid residence permit (VLS-TS) mention employee or private and family life
  • Provisional authorisation of residence granted to foreigners who have lodged a complaint or testified in criminal proceedings or who are protected
  • Temporary residence card bearing the job search or company creation
  • Multi-annual residence card with beneficiary of subsidiary protection
  • Multi-annual residence card with stateless person or family member of a beneficiary of stateless status