What proof should you provide to register in Pôle emploi?
Verified 06 January 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
You must provide at least one of the following:
- National identity card
- Civil or military disability card with photograph
If you cannot provide the original of one of these documents immediately, you may apply for an application to obtain one of these documents pending receipt of one. For example, the receipt for an application to renew an identity card.
You are a national of a European country
If you are a national of a country that is a member of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra or Saint Martin, an identity document is sufficient.
You're a foreigner
You must provide one of the following residence permits:
- Resident Card valid
- Residence card multi-annual with the indication salaried worker
- Residence card bearing the mention talent passport
- Temporary residence card bearing the mention salaried worker
- Temporary residence card bearing the mention temporary worker where the employment contract has been terminated before its end by an employer established in France or in the case of force majeure
- Temporary or multiannual residence card bearing the entry private and family life
- Provisional authorization of stay or receipt of first application or request for renewal of a residence permit bearing the entry authorizes the holder to work
- Long-stay visa as residence permit (VLS-TS) mention salaried worker or private and family life
- Provisional residence permit issued to foreigners who have lodged a complaint or testified in criminal proceedings or who are granted protection
- Temporary residence card bearing the mention job search or company creation
- Multi-annual residence card bearing the mention beneficiary of subsidiary protection
- Multi-annual residence card bearing the mention beneficiary of stateless status or the mention family member of a beneficiary of stateless status