What contract to enter into with a company for work in the housing?
Verified 27 October 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
You have to hire a contractor and sign a contract with a company to do maintenance and repair work in the dwelling.
This company of Work contract is recommended.
A written contract is strongly recommended to serve as evidence in case of dispute.
Contractors are free to determine the content and form of the contract.
However, it is recommended that the following information be included:
- Descriptive plans and specifications of the work
- Labor and labor costs
- Rental of machinery
- Method of payment, price revision and final and total price
- Start and end date of the work
- Possible penalties
- For works on the main work, reference to ten-year liability insurance of the contractor and your damage insurance
Each signatory of the contract must receive an original.
The contract may also be drawn up in electronic form if the addressee has accepted the use of this means. In this case, it is concluded when the customer has had the opportunity to verify the details of his order and its total price. He can also correct any errors before confirming his order.
- Civil Code: Article 1375Number of copies of the contract
- Civil Code: Articles 1125 to 1127-4Contract concluded by electronic means
- Civil Code: Article 1102Freedom of contract
- Civil Code: Article 1779Contract for the company of works
- City planning AuthorizationService-Public.fr
- Jobs: some tips for choosing a professionalNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- Change your windows (PDF - 1.3 MB)National Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)
- QuoteDirectorate-General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Prevention (DGCCRF)