Does an employee have to undergo a medical examination after a work stoppage?
Verified 01 April 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The return-to-work medical check-up is not systematic.
It is compulsory if the employee was on a work stoppage for one of the following reasons:
- Disease which resulted in a shutdown of at least 30 days commencing front on 1er april 2022
- Non-occupational accident or illness resulting in a work stoppage of more than 60 days, having commenced to be counted of 1 April 2022
- Accident at work causing a shutdown at least 30 days
- Occupational disease (regardless of duration)
- Maternity leave
Resumption medical check-up should take place within 8 calendar days from the resumption of the employee's employment.
since 1er april 2022, a pre-recovery medical visit can be arranged, in case of absence more than 30 days this is done as soon as the employee's return to his work station is anticipated. This pre-resumption visit may take place at the request of the employee, the occupational physician or the social security medical officer.
- Sick leave: resumption of the employee’s workService-Public.fr
- Accident at work to: return to work of the employeeService-Public.fr
- Occupational disease: resumption of employment of the employeeService-Public.fr
- Maternity leave of a private sector employeeService-Public.fr