Income tax - Can you pay by installments?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Since the introduction of the levy at source, the advance payment has only concerned self-employed workers and certain farmers.
Deposits are taken directly from your bank account from one of the following dates:
- January 15
- 15 february if you have chosen quarterly direct debit
you must continue to file your income tax return every year.
Deposits are calculated by taxes automatically according to the last situation known by their services.
You chose taxation on the three-year average
The advance payment is one twelfth of the average of the last 3 financial years.
Deposits are calculated automatically by the tax authorities, according to the latest situation they are aware of.
If your situation changes, you can ask change your pick rate on your personal area of the site taxes.gouv.fr.
Taxes: access your Special Space
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
For general informationTax Information Service
0809 401 401
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays.
Free service + call price
To contact the local service managing your folderDepartment in charge of taxes (treasury, tax department...)
- Taxes: access your Special Space
- 2023 Simulator: 2022 Income Tax
- Income tax: return and reportable incomeService-Public.fr
- Income tax: deductions, reductions and tax creditsService-Public.fr
- Income tax - Withholding taxService-Public.fr
- Tax SiteMinistry of Finance
- 2022 Practice Brochure - 2021 Income Tax ReturnMinistry of Finance
- Personal Tax CalendarMinistry of Finance
- Online direct payment of taxesMinistry of Finance
- Report a change in situation to taxesMinistry of Finance