Application for a residence card: what proof of residence?

Verified 09 January 2024 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are applying for a residence card, you must provide proof of residence less than 6 months old.

The document to provide depends on your situation:

Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement

You are a tenant or landlord

You must provide one the following documents:

  • Electricity, gas, water, landline or internet bill
  • Rental Lease
  • Rent receipt


a secure proof of domicile (including a 2D-Doc barcode) cannot be declined.

You live in a hotel

You must provide the 2 the following documents:

  • Attestation from your hotelier
  • Last month invoice

You are staying with an individual (family, friend, etc.)

You must provide the 3 the following documents:

  • Attestation of your host dated and signed
  • Copy of the host's identity card or residence card
  • Proof of domicile in the name of the host (deed of ownership or statement of housing tax or copy of the rental lease or invoice for electricity, gas, water, fixed telephone or internet access) if the address of his national identity card or residence card is no longer up to date

An attestation template is available:

Acknowledgement of accommodation


a secure proof of domicile (including a 2D-Doc barcode) cannot be declined.

Who can help me?

Find who can answer your questions in your region