What is the Asylum Seeker Allowance (AAL)?
Verified 15 September 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
As an asylum seeker, you are not allowed to work for 6 months. If you are of age, an asylum seeker's allowance (AHA) can be paid. The allowance will be paid to you if you meet the conditions. The amount depends in particular on your family situation.
As an asylum seeker, you may be eligible for Ada if you meet all of the following conditions:
- Have accepted the material reception conditions proposed by theOfii: titleContent
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in possession of the asylum seeker's certificate
- Having filed your asylum application with theOfpra: titleContent within 21 days (except procedure Dublin)
- Have monthly resources less than the RSA: titleContent
The amount of the RSA varies according to your personal situation.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You live alone
The SSA amount for a single person is €607.75.
You live as a couple
Single parent family
You are considered a single parent if you are a pregnant woman or if you have at least 1 child or dependent and that you find yourself alone following a life event.
This is the case, for example, if your spouse dies or if you separate.
You can then benefit from an increase in the amount of the RSA. This increase is also called increase.
The duration of this increase varies according to the date of occurrence of the event:
- If the event occurs after the 3-year age of the dependent child, the increase lasts 12 months and must be paid within 18 months of the date of the event. This type of event must be reported to your Caf: titleContent within 6 months of its occurrence.
- If the event occurs before the child's 3 years of age, the increase lasts until the child's 3 years of age.
ceThese amounts are indicative and may vary based on your personal situation. Use the simulator to get a more accurate estimate.
The resources you consider are yours and those of the person with whom you are working live as a couple.
If you are under temporary protection (such as Ukrainians since March 3, 2022), you may also be entitled to the Ada.
You can make your request for Ada during your transfer to the prefecture (one-stop shop) or exceptionally with theOfii: titleContent.
You must provide the following:
- Certificate or receipt of asylum application
- Proof of resources and family composition
- Bank identity statement
You must also report the following information to the Office:
- Your home
- Your family situation
- Your professional activities
- Your resources
- Your property (what you own) and that of your family members
You must report to the OFII any change in any of these elements.
In case of fraud or concealment of some of your resources, you may lose your right to Ada.
Who shall I contact
Ada is a daily lump sum, the level of which varies according to the number of people in the household.
An additional amount may be paid to you if you have accepted the offer of care, have expressed a need for accommodation and have not benefited from accommodation (or accommodation) free of charge.
If you have not been offered a place to stay, the additional fee is €7.40.
The allocation is managed by theOfii: titleContent and its payment shall be ensured by the Service and Payment Agency.
It shall be placed on a withdrawal or payment card issued by theOfii: titleContent.
in the departments overseas, the allowance may also be paid by transfer to a bank account.
When does the asylum seeker's allowance start to be paid?
Payment of the Ada does not start until after your asylum application has been filed with theOfpra: titleContent (within a maximum of 21 days after the registration of your asylum application).
The payment of the AdaA ceases in one of the following situations:
- At the end of the notification the final decision on your asylum application
- When you leave France.
The payment of the Ada may be suspended in any of the following cases:
- Refusal of an accommodation offer
- Failure to comply with the obligation to report to the authorities or failure to report to personal interviews
- Abandonment, without legitimate reason, of your accommodation
- Conditions for collecting Ada that are no longer met
- Failure to produce the documents requested of you
You are informed of these possibilities of refusal or suspension of payment as soon as the decision to grant this aid has been taken.
L'Ofii: titleContent can withdraw the Ada if you are in one of the following situations:
- Concealing all or part of your resources
- Providing false information about your family situation
- Violent behavior or serious breaches of accommodation rules
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles L554-1 to L554-4Access to the labor market
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles D553-1 to D553-28Allowance for asylum-seekers
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles R581-1 to D581-7Temporary protection
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles D553-1 to D553-7Conditions of award
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles D553-8 to D553-17Amount
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Annex 8Scale of allowance for asylum-seekers
- Rights of asylum seekers: care, housing, financial assistance...Service-Public.fr
- Guide for asylum seekersMinistry of the Interior