Talent passport: residence card "Talent passport (family)"
Verified 11 June 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Family members of foreigners holding a multi-annual residence card "talent passport" may obtain a residence permit without going through the family reunification procedure. They shall benefit from the simplified procedure "accompanying family".
You are affected if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You are over 18 years old and are married to a person with a "talent passport" residence card
- You are a child of the couple, you became an adult and entered France as a minor
- You are a child of the couple, you are between 16 and 18 years old, you entered France as a minor and you want to exercise a professional activity
You reside abroad
You must submit your application to the French consular authorities in your country of residence.
Who shall I contact
Upon arrival in France, you will need to apply online for your residence card.
You reside in France
You must submit your application online within 2 months before the end date of your residence permit.
- Long-stay visa "talent passport (family)" or valid residence permit
- Passport (pages concerning civil status, validity dates, entry stamps and visas). Otherwise, other supporting documents (e.g. consular certificate, identity card, consular card).
- Proof of domicile less than 6 months old
- 3 photos. If the request is made on the internet: enter the code of the e-photo (provided by the photographer or the approved cabin on the photo board).
- Proof of payment of stamp duty (to be submitted at the time of issue of the license)
- Residence card of your spouse or parent (or identity card)
- If you join your spouse: Excerpt of marriage certificate bearing the most recent mention
- If you join your parent: birth certificate with filiation
Cost: you must pay €225 (stamp duty of €25 + tax €200) by tax stamps. Proof of payment of stamp duty and tax is required when the card is handed over.
The duration of this card is equal to the remaining period of validity of your spouse's or parent's "talent passport" residence card. It entitles the holder to pursue any professional activity.
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles L436-1 to L436-10Taxes and stamp duty payable
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: article R421-37Card Removal
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: annex 10List of parts to be supplied