Is the use of a notary compulsory in the context of an estate?
Verified 20 July 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
You must call a notary if you are:
- The estate includes real estate.. In this case, you must have proof of ownership..
- The amount of the estate is equal to or greater than €5,000.. In this case, you must have the act of recognition proving that you are an heir.
- There is will or marriage..
- Civil Code: Articles 730 to 730-5Act of notoriety
- Civil Code: Articles 931 to 952Notarial donation (Article 931)
- Civil Code: Articles 1003 to 1009Deposit with a notary of the will before its implementation
- Decree No. 55-22 of 4 January 1955 on the reform of land advertisingNotary's role in land advertising
- Settlement of an estateService-Public.fr