Can we still take advantage of the CSE if we no longer work in the company?
Verified 09 July 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Yes, the benefits provided by the Social and Economic Committee (ESC - formerly company Committee), called social and cultural activities, are intended for employees or former employees of the company and their families.
The EESC reserves social and cultural activities primarily to employees (including those whose contracts are suspended, for example for parental leave) and their families.
Former employees of the company (whatever the reason for leaving: retirement, resignation, dismissal, termination of fixed-term contracts...) can also benefit from the social and cultural activities of the EESC.
These social and cultural activities may include the following services and benefits:
- Welfare services at work and in the daily life of the employee (canteens, consumer cooperatives, housing, family gardens, nurseries, holiday camps...)
- Leisure and sports activities
- Educational and cultural services (libraries, apprenticeship and vocational training centers, study circles, general education courses, etc.)
- Social services responsible for coordinating and promoting the social achievements decided by the EESC and the employer
- Social welfare and mutual assistance benefits (pension institutions, mutual relief businesses, etc.)
- Occupational health service established in the company (prevention, screening...)
the ESC may adjust benefits according to certain criteria such as, for example, the income of employees or the age of children.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Telephone administrative information - Allo Public Service
The informants who answer you belong to the ministry responsible for labor.
Cost: free service
Attention: the service does not respond questions relating to unemployment compensation and representations to Pôle emploi, civil servants or public service contractors, the amount or payment of social, wage or employer contributions.
The service is available at the following times:
- Monday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 to 12:15
- Wednesday: 8:30 to 12:15
- Thursday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Friday: 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m
- Labor Code: Article R2312-35Social and cultural activities of the EESC
- Labor Code: Article L2312-78Beneficiaries of the social and cultural activities of the EESC