Can an automotive professional handle a gray card application?
Verified 31 March 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
An automotive professional can take care of certain procedures relating to the gray card (registration certificate).
You can ask authorized automotive professional by the ministry of the interior (garage, automobile trade professional, rental company...) to carry out the following steps for you:
- Registration of a new vehicle (including moped)
- Registration of a used vehicle with French plates (including moped)
- Change of tenant (for tenants)
- Declaration of purchase or disposal of a vehicle
- Application for an administrative status certificate (non-pledge certificate)
- Declaration of purchase or disposal for destruction
- Declaration of destruction of a vehicle.
In addition to the cost of the gray card, the professional will charge you a sum corresponding to the service he performs on your behalf. This sum is freely fixed by the professional.
You must mandate the professional with the form cerfa 13757..
The professional will:
- record your application for registration with the supporting documents you must provide,
- issue you a registration number,
- edit a Provisional Certificate of Registration (ICC) that it gives you and that allows you to move while waiting for the final gray card.
Who shall I contact
After a check of the recorded data, your request is automatically sent to the National Printing Office, which makes the final gray card.
You will receive your gray card under secure fold generally in the 7 working days.. However, the time limit may be longer:
- if your application is incomplete or needs to be analyzed by an instructor (the production of the gray card can only be launched after this step),
- or based on the number of requests being processed.
given the ongoing health crisis, the time taken to complete the training is longer than usual.
You can follow the progress of your case on the website of the National Secured Securities Agency (ANTS):
Usually, the postman gives the gray card to the user against signature. In view of the ongoing health crisis, the letter carriers were instructed to stop asking users for their signatures.
The postman rings at the user's home and makes sure he is present orally. He flashes the mail, takes a picture, checks and validates. Finally, in place of the signature, the postman enters "C19- First Name" and delivers the mail to the person.
In case of absence, the postman files a notice of withdrawal at the post office. In this case, the title will be stored in the post office for 15 days.