Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Do you need insurance to drive a car without a license?

Verified 06 October 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Yes, a car without a license (also called cart) must be insured as any motor land vehicle on the highway.

Insurance is compulsory to allow compensation to third parties in the event of an accident.

The cart must be insured at least with civil liability guarantee (insurance) third party).

You can subscribe to additional guarantees for example, to enable the driver to be compensated in the event of an accident.

Insurance premium rates are generally lower than for a conventional automobile.

However, the driver of a cart does not benefit from the bonus/bonus applied to conventional car drivers.