Which vehicles can be driven without a driving license?
Verified 08 July 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
You do not need a license to drive the following vehicles:
- Electric car with power of 1 kW: titleContent maximum
- Vehicle participating in a training, a sporting event, a competition in an approved venue closed to public traffic. The organization must be organized by a sports federation and all participants must have a sports license.
- Agricultural or forestry vehicle or apparatus attached to an agricultural or forestry holding, ETA: titleContent or to a Cuma: titleContent. You must be at least 16 years old and use the vehicle only during the exercise of the agricultural or forestry activity.
- If you are born on or before 31 December 1987, moped and light motor quadricycle.
if you are born in 1988 or later, you must have the road safety certificate (category AM) to be able to drive a moped or a light motor quadricycle.
- Highway Code: Articles L221-1 A to L221-10Proficiency check, issue and categories
- Highway Code: Articles R211-1 to R211-2Road safety certificates and certificates
- Highway Code: Articles R221-4 to R221-8Issuance and categories of driving licenses
- Highway Code: Articles R221-14 to R221-21Derogations from the obligation to hold a driving license
- Order of 8 November 2012 laying down the conditions for obtaining a road safety certificate corresponding to category AM of the driving license
- Which license for which category of vehicles?
- At what age can you drive a scooter or motorcycle?
- Can you drive a 3-wheel scooter or a 125 motorcycle with the B license?
- Which vehicles can be driven with the B license?
- Mini motorcycle, quad: what rules for declaration and driving?
- Carte grise: do you have to register a car without a license?
- Do you need insurance to drive a car without a license?
- What documents do you need to ride a scooter that is less than 50 cm3?
- How to insure a tractor or farm self-propelled machine?
- Motor insurance (vehicle)Service-Public.fr
- Carte grise (Certificate of Registration)Service-Public.fr
- BSR corresponding to category AM of the driving licenseService-Public.fr