Overall Technical Diagnosis (GTD) of Condominium
Verified 20 July 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The overall technical diagnosis (DTG) informs the co-owners about the general situation of the building and allows to consider possible works. It is mandatory for certain condominiums (new condominiums and unsanitary condominiums). If the DTG demonstrates that work is required, the trustee must place on the agenda of the general meeting the question of the development of a multi-year work plan and its conditions of implementation.
The overall technical diagnosis (DTG) informs about the condition of the condominium and identifies the work to be performed. It is mandatory for certain condominiums (unsanitary condominiums and new condominiums).
The general meeting of joint owners may decide simple majority to have a DTG performed but it is not required.
DTG is required for a building over 10 years old and which is the subject of condominium development. This is the case when a building is newly divided into several private and common lots.
The completion of the DTG must be entrusted to a thermician or a real estate diagnoser who can demonstrate competence set ..
You can use a directory to find a certified professional.
Who shall I contact
The DTG shall contain the following elements:
- Analysis of apparent status of common areas and common facilities
- Status of the syndicate of co-owners its legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. unpaid charges)
- Analysis of possible improvements in the condition of the building
- Energy performance of the building or energy audit
- List of works required for the preservation of the building (including over the next 10 years) and cost assessment
The content of the GHD must be presented in section 1re general assembly of the joint owners which follows its realization.
If the DTG demonstrates that work is required, the trustee must place on the agenda of the general meeting the question of the development of a multi-year work plan and its conditions of implementation.
- Condominium DocumentsService-Public.fr
- Diagnostics' skills and diplomas to perform the DTGDirectorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Dila) - Prime Minister
- Energy renovation of condominiumsNational Institute of Consumer Affairs (INC)