Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Do I have to report accounts opened abroad?

Verified 09 February 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are domiciled in France or Monaco, you must report to the tax authorities accounts opened, held, used (at least once) or closed in the year abroad.

You must report accounts opened abroad to a bank or any other body or person (notary, foreign exchange agent, etc.). You must also report life insurance contracts.

You are required to report whether you are an account holder or a proxy holder.

You must complete, date and sign the following declaration:

Reporting of accounts opened, used or closed abroad

You must attach this document to your tax return.

If you do not register an account abroad, you may be fined €1,500 by undeclared account. If the account is located in a State which has not concluded an agreement with France to combat tax fraud and tax evasion, the fine shall be €10 000 per account.