What is a CDD without a precise term?
Verified 30 September 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
You can be hired in CSD: titleContent without a specific term, i.e. without an end date set after your initial CDD, under certain conditions. We'll explain the rules.
Your CSD may not include a specific term when it is entered into in any of the following cases:
- You are replacing an absent employee
- You are replacing an employee whose employment contract is suspended
- You are replacing a pending employee recruited in DTA: titleContent
- You are hired as a seasonal employee
- You are replacing an artisanal, industrial or commercial company manager or a person engaged in a liberal activity
- You're replacing a farm manager
Your non-term fixed term is concluded for a minimum period.
Your fixed term will end when the employee you are replacing returns or at the end of the object for which it was concluded with your employer.
a CDD without a specific term cannot be renewed.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Labor Code: Articles L1242-7 to L1242-9Fixing the term and duration of the contract
- Labor Code: Articles L1242-12 to L1242-13Form, content and transmission of the contract
- Labor Code: Articles L1243-5 to L1243-12Term of the contract and continuation after expiry
- Labor Code: Article L1243-13Renewal of the contract
- Conclusion of fixed-term employment contract (fixed-term contract)Service-Public.fr
- Renewal of a fixed-term employment contractService-Public.fr
- The fixed-term contract (CDD)Ministry of Labor