What should a foreigner do if they change their address?

Verified 13 September 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner, have a residence card and have moved (in the same municipality or another), you must declare your new home within 3 months of your move and request a duplicate.

You have to do this online.

Apply online for a residence permit, a change of situation, a travel document, an application for naturalization.

You will need to provide the following documents:

  • Residence permit
  • Passport (pages on civil status, validity dates and entry stamps)
  • Proof of domicile less than 3 months old
  • 3 photos
  • Proof of payment of the fee and/or stamp duty (requested when the card is handed over)

You have to pay €25 by tax stamps, unless you are a national of the EU, the EEA or the Swiss Confederation or a member of the family of such a national.