What should a foreigner do if they change their address?
Verified 13 September 2021 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
If you are a foreigner, have a residence card and have moved (in the same municipality or another), you must declare your new home within 3 months of your move and request a duplicate.
You have to do this online.
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Residence permit
- Passport (pages on civil status, validity dates and entry stamps)
- Proof of domicile less than 3 months old
- 3 photos
- Proof of payment of the fee and/or stamp duty (requested when the card is handed over)
You have to pay €25 by tax stamps, unless you are a national of the EU, the EEA or the Swiss Confederation or a member of the family of such a national.
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles L436-1 to L436-10Taxes and stamp duty payable
- Code of entry and residence of foreigners and right of asylum: Articles R431-20 to R431-24Time limit for declaring a change of domicile: Article R431-23