This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Application for birth certificate: copy or extract (birth at foreigner) - Free service (Online service)
Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
For a foreigner-born Frenchman.
To apply online, you must create a Service-Public.fr account or connect with FranceConnect.
When the act is available, you will need to log in again: you can download it in PDF format on your personal space. You can also ask to receive it by mail.
The document shall include the electronic signature of a registrar.
Verified 11 mars 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
For details, please use the practical information sheets :
- Birth certificate: request for full copy or extract
- Identity Card / Passport: how to prove your french citizenship?
- ID of an adult: first request
- How do I get a non-Civil partnership certificate?
- How do I get a Civil partnership certificate?
- How do I know if a person who has been lost is still alive?
- Marriage of a Frenchman to foreigner
- Marriage in France
- How long is a civil status document valid?