This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Remote service: Application for birth certificate: full copy or extract (birth in France) - Free service
Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Dila) - Prime Minister
Allows you to request a birth certificate (full copy, or extract with or without filiation) from the commune of the place of birth
Warning : some communes do not offer this teleservice.
Verified 06 juillet 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
For details, please use the practical information sheets :
- Birth certificate: request for full copy or extract
- ID card / Passport: how do you prove your french nationality?
- ID card of an adult: first request
- How do I know if a lost person is still alive?
- Marriage of a Frenchman abroad
- Marriage in France
- How long is the validity period of a civil registration document?