This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Individuals who are not vaccinated against Covid-19 may ask their doctor for a medical certificate that can be presented at the places, services, facilities and events where vaccination passes are required. A decree issued in Official Journal august 8, 2021 lists the only contraindications to vaccination that do not require the presentation of the vaccine pass and the mandatory vaccination for certain professions.
In case of contraindication to vaccination, it is possible to ask your doctor for a medical certificate of contraindication. It will be converted by the medical service of the Health Insurance and the person will receive a vaccination pass "activities". The contraindications to vaccination are:
Contraindications included in the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC):
- a documented history of allergy (allergist's opinion) to one of the components of the vaccine, in particular polythene-glycols, and by risk of cross-allergy to polysorbates;
- anaphylactic reaction at least grade 2 (reached at least 2 organs) to an injection of a Covid-19 vaccine after an allergic assessment;
- People who have previously had episodes of capillary leakage syndrome (a common contraindication to Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) and Janssen vaccine);
- People who have had thrombotic and thrombocytopenic syndrome (STT) following vaccination by Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca).
A medical recommendation not to initiate vaccination (first dose):
- Paediatric Multi-Systemic Inflammatory Syndrome (PSID) post-infection by Covid-19;
- myocarditis or myo-pericarditis associated with SARS-CoV2 infection.
A recommendation made after multidisciplinary medical consultation not to take an additional dose of vaccine (second dose or booster dose):
- following the occurrence of an adverse reaction of severe or severe severity attributed to a previous vaccine injection reported to the pharmacovigilance system (e.g. the occurrence of myocarditis, Guillain-Barré syndrome ...).
Cases of temporary medical contraindication to vaccination against Covid-19:
- Anti-Covid-19 monoclonal antibody treatment;
- Myocarditis or pericarditis of etiology not related to Covid-19 infection occurring prior to vaccination and still evolving.
Patient with rare disease:
- A patient, who presents a very rare contraindication, will have to approach the Centre of Reference or Rare Disease Competence (RMAC/RMC) that follows it. The CMA/CMA will send the completed contraindication form directly to the patient's health insurance fund.
What procedure in case of contraindication?
You must contact a doctor, who will issue, if necessary, a medical certificate drawn up on the specific form (cerfa no. 16183*01, available on the area dedicated to health professionals: amelipro) attesting to one of the cases of medical contraindication listed.
All fields in both panes of this form must be completed. A specific application form for the pass (vaccination or health depending on age) is made available to doctors. This should be used systematically. The document should then be sent:
- the employer if the person is subject to the vaccination requirement;
- to the medical service of the health insurance agency of the branch to obtain a pass (sanitary or vaccinal depending on age).
Your vaccination contraindication certificate can be checked by the caisse's medical consultant. This check takes into account your medical history, the evolution of your medical situation and the reason for contra-indication against the recommendations made by the health authorities.
Please note : If you have already submitted to your health insurance company's medical service a certificate drawn up by your doctor on a medium other than the specific form, it will be processed if it contains all the information requested. If not, it will be returned to you and you will be asked to have your doctor use the dedicated form (cerfa no. 16183*01, available in the area dedicated to health professionals: amelipro).
FYI : The certificate of counter-indication that will be sent to you cannot be used for travel outside France, to Corsica or an overseas territory, as these destinations are subject to the rules of health control at the borders. For more information, see travel page on government.fr.