This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Individuals who are not vaccinated against Covid-19 may request a medical certificate from their doctor, which can be presented at the places, services, facilities and events where the health pass is required. A decree issued in Official Journal august 8, 2021 lists the only contraindications to vaccination that do not require the presentation of the health pass and mandatory vaccination in certain professions.
In case of contraindication to vaccination, it is possible to ask your doctor for a medical certificate that serves as a health pass. The contraindications to vaccination are:
- allergy to any of the vaccine's components (including polythene-glycols);
- anaphylactic reaction at least grade 2 to a first injection of the vaccine after allergic expertise;
- episodes of capillary leakage syndrome (contraindication for Janssen and Astrazeneca vaccines);
- episode of thrombotic and thrombocytopenic syndrome (STT) following vaccination by Vaxzevria (or AstraZeneca);
- post-Covid-19 paediatric multisystemic inflammatory syndrome (PIMS);
- a recommendation made after multidisciplinary medical consultation not to take the second dose of vaccine following the occurrence of an adverse event of severe or severe intensity attributed to the first dose of vaccine (e.g.: the occurrence of myocarditis, Guillain-Barré syndrome ...);
and these two temporary contraindications:
- anti-SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody treatment;
- myocarditis or pericarditis occurring prior to vaccination and still evolving.
Pregnant women can now be vaccinated from 1to trimester of pregnancy. However, their vaccination may not be required in the case of the obligation imposed on professionals before the beginning of 2e quarter.
Please note : A certificate of medical contraindication to vaccination may soon allow the issue of a QR code to be presented in the places where the health pass is required.
What procedure in case of contraindication?
You must contact a doctor, who will issue, if necessary, a medical certificate drawn up on the specific form (cerfa no. 16183*01, available on the area dedicated to health professionals: amelipro) attesting to one of the cases of medical contraindication listed.
All fields in both panes of this form must be completed. Part 1 of the form must then be forwarded to the medical department of your health insurance fund to obtain a health pass. You must keep the #2 pane.
If you are required to vaccinate against Covid-19:
- a copy of Part 2 may be sent to your employer;
- your vaccine contraindication certificate can be checked by the caisse's medical consultant. This check takes into account your medical history, the evolution of your medical situation and the reason for contra-indication against the recommendations made by the health authorities.
Please note : If you have already submitted to your health insurance company's medical service a certificate drawn up by your doctor on a medium other than the specific form, it will be processed if it contains all the information requested. If not, it will be returned to you and you will be asked to have your doctor use the dedicated form (cerfa no. 16183*01, available in the area dedicated to health professionals: amelipro).
FYI : The certificate of counter-indication that will be sent to you cannot be used for travel outside France, to Corsica or an overseas territory, as these destinations are subject to the rules of health control at the borders. For more information, see travel page on government.fr.