Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Can a student receive housing assistance (PLA, ALS, ALF)?

Verified 17 January 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Yes, you can receive housing assistance if you meet the following 4 conditions:

To find out if you can collect housing assistance, you can use the Caf simulator.

Simulator Caf - Housing allowances (eligibility and amount)

The application for housing assistance must be made from a remote service.

Student Housing Assistance: online request

Depending on the nature of the accommodation and your family situation, you may receive one of the following 3 housing benefits:


if you receive housing assistance, you are no longer considered dependent on your parents for the calculation of family benefits.. Thus, when your parents receive these benefits, you have to choose between being a recipient and being a dependent child.