Housing aid: what is the youth aid?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Help-young allows you to take care of part of your rent or royalty for residential or social housing during the course of your alternating training. You can benefit if you have less than 30 years. It is paid by an organisation called Housing (Ex 1% Housing).
Help-young allows you to reduce the amount of your rent and to be able to take a lodging close to your training place.
The aid is paid by an organisation called Housing (Ex 1% Housing). It awarded under certain conditions.
In order to get the help, you have to put them together 4 following:
- Under 30
- Be employed by a private sector company or similar (e.g. Epic)
- To be on an alternation contract, i.e. learning contract or professionalisation contract
- Be a tenant or future tenant of a dwelling close to your training or company. You must have signed a lease (or attractive the lease in case of colocation) or occupation agreement in cottage or social residence. The signature of the lease or agreement must be justified by the period of alternating training.
- Have a monthly gross salary on hiring less than or equal to the Smic (€1,709.28). The salary to be taken into account is that entered on the contract of alternation
Time of application
Your request must be addressed 3 months before the start date of your alternation contractor up to 6 months after this date.
If the training is multi-year, the start date can be the start date of one of them.
You must apply for youth assistance no later than the day before youre anniversary.
You must make your application by means of an online service:
The youth worker pays part of the rent or the royalty for residential or social housing. The amount of aid varies from €10 minimum per month €100 maximum per month.
For rent of €350, if you receive the PLA, the aid will be €100.
The aid shall be granted throughout the period of vocational training for a 1 year maximum. At the end of the training, you can receive a new youth assistance if you continue to comply with the conditions of attribution.
Depending on your needs, the aid is paid every month, every 2 months or every semester.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Request for assistance
- Personal housing assistanceService-Public.fr
- Visal Guarantee: deposit for the tenant (unpaid and damage)Service-Public.fr
- Advance Loca-Pass: help to the tenant for the security depositService-Public.fr
- Learning contractService-Public.fr