Aid for the recognition of the burden of disability (RLH): what are the rules?
Verified 01 January 2023 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
The disability recognition (RLH) aid makes it possible to compensate financially for the consequences of your disability on your professional activity. It is aimed at the self-employed (craftsmen, professionals...). This assistance is granted if you have refurbished your workstation or work environment and there is a charge after the refurbishment. It shall be allocated by theAgefiph: titleContent. You must first apply for recognition of the severity of the disability.
Helping you to cope with the burden of disability makes it possible to compensate financially for the consequences of your disability on your professional activity. She's not addressing self-employed activities : craftsman, professional,...
This assistance is granted if you have set up your workstation or work environment and there is a charge after these arrangements (e.g. a tutor).
It is attributed by the Agefiph.
To get help with the burden of disability, you must respect the 3 following ::
- Exercise a self-employed professional activity (craftsman, professional profession...)
- Set up your workstation or work environment and incur the associated costs
- To be among those who are obliged to work for disabled workers
You are a beneficiary of the employment obligation of disabled workers if you are in one of the 7 situations ::
- You have been recognised as a Disabled Worker (RQTH) by the Committee on the Rights and Independence of Persons with Disabilities (CDAPH)
- You have been the victim of a work-related accident at work or illness resulting in a permanent disability of at least 10% and receive an annuity
- You touch a invalidity pension provided that this invalidity reduces your earning or working capacity by at least 2/3
- you have a reserved job
- You volunteer firefighter and receive a disability allowance or annuity awarded because of an accident or illness contracted in service
- You have mobility card inclusion (CMI) invalidity
- You touch Adult Disability Allowance (AAH)
together with the notification if you are placed in one of the 7 situations, you receive a certificate stating that you have an employment obligation for workers with disabilities.
In order to be able to benefit from assistance with the burden of disability, you must apply to the Agefiph for recognition of the burden of disability (RLH).
This request must be made online using an online service:
You need to open a personal account and log in to do the process online.
Your application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Copy of the proof of the status of beneficiary of the obligation to work (e.g. recognition of the status of disabled worker, disability card) of at least 6 months
- Copy of a proof of registration or registration attesting to your activity as a self-employed worker of less than 3 months
- Reported business income statement for the past year (for example, business income statement)
- Copy of proof of the costs incurred in connection with the fitting-out of your workstation or working environment (invoices) or planned (quotation, purchase orders...)
- Copy of the supporting documents for the expenses incurred by your disability (for example, proof of your guardian's or third party's professional income)
- Bank Identity Statement (Rib) company
These documents will have to be scanned.
The Agefiph makes its decision by mail. This email contains the following:
- Positive or negative opinion
- Rate of heaviness of your disability
- Possible means of appeal to challenge the decision in case of refusal
It is only after the Agency has granted the HLRA that financial assistance can be awarded to you.
The amount depends on the rate of allocation of the Agefiph (rate of heaviness of normal or increased disability).
This rate is fixed according to the amount of expenses incurred (particular organisation of work, social or professional support, loss of income due to lower productivity...).
If your rate is considered normal, help is €6,198.50 per year.
If your rate is considered to be increased, the aid is €12,340.65 per year.
Répondez aux questions successives et les réponses s’afficheront automatiquement
You have reached the age of 50 on the day of filing
Help is given until the end of your professional activity.
You are under 50 years of age at the time of filing
The aid is granted for a maximum of 3 years.
However, if your position or work environment is changed, you can apply again to the Agency.
- Disability and employment in the private sectorService-Public.fr
- Financial aid for hiring a disabled worker
- Website of the Secretary of State for Persons with DisabilitiesMinistry of Disability
- Disability Heaviness Recognition (HPLR)Association for the Management of the Fund for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities (Agefiph)
- Agefiph siteAssociation for the Management of the Fund for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities (Agefiph)