Foreigners trainee in France: long-stay visa or residence card

Verified 01 January 2024 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner no European, you can stay in France as trainee under certain conditions. You must come to France for more than 3 months to take a vocational training or do an internship in company or in a public hospital. You must go through the process to obtain an entry visa for France. If your internship is extended, you must apply for a residence card in the prefecture.

What applies to you ?

You come to France to follow

Vous avez choisi

    Choisir votre cas