Is a temporary worker followed by occupational medicine?
Verified 31 March 2022 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)
Postponement of medical examinations during the health emergency
Published on 25 March 2022
The occupational physician may postpone certain medical examinations due to expire on or before 31 July 2022. Postponed visits can be made until July 31, 2023 at the latest.
Yes, if you work as an interim worker, you benefit from the same follow-up by occupational medicine as other employees, but under conditions adapted to your particular status. These include your information and prevention visit (PVI) and enhanced individual follow-up if you are exposed to particular risks.
The Vip is carried out by the Occupational Health and Prevention Service (OSH) of the acting company that employs you.
In the event of agreement between the company of temporary employment and the following services, the visit may also be carried out by the following organizations:
- Business-to-business prevention and occupational health service near your workplace
- Self-employment prevention and health service of the user company under the conditions laid down by agreement with the temporary company
The visit can be made for several different jobs (maximum 3).
irrespective of the Vip, at any time you or your employer shall be given an examination by the occupational doctor.
You are affected by the enhanced individual monitoring if you are at particular risk (asbestos, ionizing radiation, etc.).
The medical examination of aptitude is carried out by the occupational doctor of the temporary company which employs you. It can be performed for several different jobs (maximum 3).
If you are assigned to a position of particular risk during the mission, the user company must organize a medical examination for fitness. This medical examination does not have to be done if you have received enhanced individual follow-up.
apart from the reinforced individual follow-up, at any time the employee shall be entitled to an examination by the occupational doctor at his or her request or at the employer's request.
A new medical fitness examination shall not be carried out before a new mission if all of the following conditions are met:
- The health personnel has taken note of a follow-up certificate issued for the same job within 2 years prior to hiring
- The worker is required to work in an identical job with equivalent exposure risks
- During the last two years, the occupational physician has not issued an opinion of incapacity or an individual measure of adjustment, adaptation, transformation of the position or of the working time
Enhanced individual monitoring
The occupational doctor has taken note of a suitability notice for the same job issued during the 2 years preceding employment.
The worker is required to work in an identical job with equivalent exposure risks.
During the last two years, the occupational physician has not issued an opinion of incapacity or an individual adjustment, adaptation or alteration of the position or working time.
Early recovery visit
A worker who has been away from work for more than 30 days may be visited by prerecovery.
The worker shall be entitled to a return visit in the following cases:
- After maternity leave
- After an absence due to an occupational disease
- Accident at work After an absence of at least 30 days for
- After an absence of at least 60 days for sickness or non-occupational accident
The employer shall organize such a visit no later than 8 days after the resumption.
Mid-career medical visit
A mid-career medical visit is organized calendar year of the worker's 45th birthday. One branch agreement may provide for another time limit.
Who can help me?
Find who can answer your questions in your region
- Labor Code: Articles R4625-8 and R4625-9Common provisions individual monitoring of the health status of temporary workers
- Labor Code: Articles R4625-10 and R4625-11Individual monitoring of the health status of temporary workers
- Labor Code: Article R4625-17Medical record
- Labor Code: Articles R4625-12 to R4625-14Enhanced individual monitoring of the health status of temporary workers
- Labor Code: Article R4624-34Visits at the request of the employer, the worker or the occupational doctor
- Labor Code: Article L1251-22Obligations of the employer in relation to occupational medicine
- Labor Code: Articles R4624-29 to R4624-33Pre-recovery and return to work visits
- Labor Code: Article L4624-2-2Mid-career medical visit
- Occupational medicineService-Public.fr