Technical inspection of the vehicle: compulsory or dispensed with?
Verified 25 October 2023 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)
Roadworthiness tests are carried out on the majority of vehicles, whether electric or thermal.
- Directive 2014/45/EU of 3 April 2014 on periodic roadworthiness tests for motor vehicles and their trailers
- Highway Code: Articles R323-1 to R323-5Technical inspection
- Highway Code: Articles R323-6 to R323-21Vehicles concerned (Article R323-6)
- Highway Code: Articles R323-23 to R323-272- or 3-wheel motor vehicles and motor quadricycles (Item R323-27)
- Order of 18 June 1991 on roadworthiness tests for vehicles weighing not more than 3.5 tons
- Order of 23 October 2023 on roadworthiness tests for two- or three-wheel motor vehicles and motor quadricycles