This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
An acknowledgement of debt is a writing by which a person, the debtor, undertakes to pay an amount of money to another, creditor..
Recognition of a debt shall constitute a guarantee for the creditor in the event of a conflict with the debtor, provided that it provides for the following:
- Date and signature of debtor
- Name, first name, address, date and place of birth of debtor and creditor
- Amount of the loan, indicated in figures and letters (in case of difference between the 2, only the sum written in all letters is taken into account)
- Indication of the date on which payment of the debt will be due
- If provided, indicate the interest rate (which must not exceed rate of wear)
It may be drawn up in of an authentic act by a notary or private signature..
In the latter case, the following document template can be used:
Model for recognition of debts or loans between individuals
Ministry of Finance
Allows you to write a debt recognition between individuals. Signed by both parties, this document has legal value.
To use this form:
1/ or you fill it out on computer: you need to inform the 1mother page, then print it, then fill in another page, then print it, and so on.
2/ or you print it, then you fill it by hand.
3/ to print the form: simultaneously click the "Ctrl" and "P" keys on your computer's keyboard.
The amount of debt is not capped.
Please note : the borrower and the preacher must declare the money in taxes in certain cases..