Selecting a language will automatically trigger the translation of the page content.

Temporary residence card for a foreigner in France

Verified 01 octobre 2021 - Legal and Administrative Information Directorate (Prime Minister)

If you are a foreigner and wish to stay in France for more than 3 months as an inactive person, you can obtain a residence card visitor. This card is issued under resource conditions if you agree not to work in France. It concerns in particular foreigners coming to exercise religious functions in France. It is valid for a maximum of 1 year and renewable.

What applies to you ?

Depending on your personal situation, the steps to take may vary.

What is your nationality?
Where do you live?