This page has been automatically translated. Please refer to the page in French if needed.
Yes, if you are or have been a victim or witness of human trafficking or procuring, you can obtain a temporary residence permit private and family life under certain conditions. This card is issued on an exceptional basis. You must cooperate with the police (or the gendarmerie) and the judiciary. At the end of the criminal proceedings, if the perpetrator(s) are convicted, a residence card valid for 10 years may be issued.
You are affected if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You are a foreigner
- You complain or testify in criminal proceedings against a person or persons prosecuted for procuring or trafficking in human beings (sexual or domestic slavery, forced removal of organs, etc.)
- You should no longer be in contact with the perpetrator(s) being prosecuted
- You must not pose a threat to public order
If you have been convicted as a minor, you can obtain a residence permit at the age of 18.
Warning : this procedure does not apply to an alien who is a national of European country, or members of his family living in France with him.
You can request a temporary residence card private and family life.. You allows.. You can be accompanied in your steps by the specialized association(s) that follow you.
Police or gendarmerie investigators must hear from you front your application for admission to stay.
They offer you a 30-day cooling-off period to agree or not to cooperate with the law and to benefit from a residence permit. If you choose this reflection period, a 30-day receipt authorizing is delivered to you. You must provide a photo ID.
During this time, you cannot be expelled from France.
You may also opt not to take this cooling-off period and decide to work immediately with the law.
You can also benefit from the following:
- Legal aid legal aid, compensation before the Commission for Compensation of Victims of Crime - Civi)
- Social support and reception in accommodation center
- State medical aid (MEA) or universal health protection (Puma)
- Allowance for asylum seekers (Ada)
- If needed, police protection and secure housing.
Filing of application
You must submit your card application to the prefecture or sub-prefecture of your home. Find out more on the website of your prefecture. You receive a confidential welcome.
Who shall I contact
Warning : some sub-prefectures cannot do the paperwork. Find out more on the website of your prefecture.
Who shall I contact
Parts to supply
The card is given to you by the prefecture or sub-prefecture where you applied.
This card is valid for 1 year and is renewable.
Temporary residence card private and family life shall be renewable throughout the criminal proceedings (including appeals).
In the event of a final conviction of the accused, you may apply for resident card..